FIRST AID COURSES
RISK AND HAZARD IDENTIFICATION COURSES
FIRE FIGHTING COURSES
Certificate in Basic Fire Awareness (Level 3) – 1 Day
- Basic knowledge pertaining to fires.
- The gases produced by working place fires
- The reasons for changes in air temperature and gas concentration during fires
- The required symbolic signs and safety equipment
- The causes and prevention of working place fires.
- The common causes of working place fires
- Precautions to be taken to prevent working place fires.
- The classification of fire risks
- Fire detection methods.
- The types of instruments used for fire detection
- Fire preparedness & importance of fire fighting
Certificate in Basic Fire Fighter (Level 2) – 2 Days
- Regulations, legislation, agreements, policies, standards
- Firefighting equipment & Symbols on firefighting equipment
- Safety equipment (P.P.E)
- The nature of a fire
- Implications of using defective fire fighting equipment
- Implications of failing to correctly detect the nature and context of a fire
- Fire fighting methods
- Procedures for monitoring a fire
- Retreat procedures for all kinds of fires
- Handover procedures
- Recording and reporting procedures
Certificate in Emergency Evacuation Procedures (Level 4) – 2 Days
- Alerting the emergency services
- Use and maintenance of emergency equipment.
- Emergency techniques (search, fire fighting, first aid, recognition procedures, radio and telephone procedures).
- Differences between emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Police and emergency services and structures.
- Risk and threat assessment procedures.
- Fire is detection
- Re-occupation after emergency
- Communication in emergency situations
- Emergency evacuation plan
Certificate in SHE Representative (S/P) – 5 Days
- Gathering information for workplace safety, health and environment incident investigations.
- Conducting post-investigation activities.
- The framework of workplace health and safety legislation pertaining to health and safety representatives.
- The specified requirements to conduct safety, health and environmental representation activities.
- Addressing safety, health and environment related issues within their scope of authority.
- Complying with the activities within safety, health and environmental structures.
Certificate in SHE Supervisor (S/P) – 4 Days
- Verify compliance to safety, health and environmental requirements in the workplace
- The safety, health and environmental requirements applicable in a specific workplace.
- Monitor workplace compliance to safety, health and environmental requirements against specified requirements.
- Evaluate performance of workplace safety activities
- Remedy workplace non-compliance to and non-performance
- How to prepare for planned task observation at a working place.
- Conduct a planned task observation at a working place.
- Record and follow-up
Certificate in SHE Incident Investigator (S/P) 5 Days
- The specified requirements pertaining to conducting an investigation into workplace incidents.
- Preparation of data gathering for an investigation.
- The prevailing conditions at the scene of the incident are determined by using accepted data gathering methods.
- The causes of the incident are identified through interpretation of these variances.
- Perform post-investigation functions.
- The identified sub-standard acts and conditions reported, are dealt with accordingly.
- Remedial action is evaluated and recorded accordingly.
WORKING AT HEIGHTS
Certificate in Basic Fall Arrest – 1 Day
- The use of a range of fall arrest equipment and knowledge of applicable regulations.
- Using basic rope knots.
- Installing and using fall arrest systems.
- Inspecting and assembling fall arrest equipment and systems.
- Interpreting and implementing a fall protection plan.
- Performing basic fall arrest rescues to bring a casualty down to safety.
- Height Safety PPE
Certificate in Working at Heights – 1 Day
- Legislation pertaining to Height Safety
- Performing work in elevated positions.
- Inspecting, caring for and storing fall arrest equipment effectively.
- The safety principles regarding the safe construction and maintenance of working platform,
- ladders, scaffolds and walkways in elevated positions.
- Fitment and Inspection
- Height Safety PPE
Certificate in Fall Arrest & Rescue – 3 Days
- Safety Legislation
- The principles of fall arrest rescues and perform rope manoeuvres.
- Selecting equipment for advanced fall arrest rescues.
- The requirements for equipment inspections.
- Conducting fall arrest rescues.
- Interpreting and implementing a fall protection plan
- Performing basic fall arrest rescues to bring a casualty down to safety